Last year Deep Sang’s summer-themed mix Beachball Bugaloo was pretty much the soundtrack to my summer. He is the perfect DJ for that chilled out vibe to get you in the feel good mood. Obviously I was super excited to see that he just put out a new mix based on one of the top labels in mainstream retro disco music, Warner Brothers.
This is a tribute mix to one of my favorite disco labels of all time, Warner Bros., that I made for Marcus Dowling’s music/culture blog, TGRIonline.com. Most of these are big time classics, but I’ve tried to throw in a few surprises from WB subsidiaries like RFC, Whitfield, and Curtom as well. It’s always a tough thing to make a tribute mix for a label like WB that had so many hits, so I can’t call this a “best of,” but it’s definitely got a lot of my favorites on it. Hope yall like the tunes, and if you’re on soundcloud don’t forget to leave a comment telling me how awesome/wack you think it is!
So check out the mix below and start getting that warm and fuzzy feeling inside! To download click on the link to go to the Soundcloud page.
1. New Birth…Deeper
2. Chaka Khan…Some Love
3. Ashford and Simpson…Stay Free (Dimitri’s Edit)
4. Linda Clifford…Runaway Love
5. Lamont Dozier…Going Back to My Roots
6. Ashford and Simpson…It Seems to Hang On
7. Love Deluxe…Here Comes That Sound
8. Candi Station… When You Wake Up Tomorrow
9. Eumir Deodato…Whistle Bump
10. Mighty Pope…Sweet Blindness
11. Undisputed Truth…You + Me = Love
12. Stargard…Wear It Out
13. Ashford and Simpson…One More Try (Dimitri’s Edit)
14. Prince…Just As Long As We’re Together
15. Miroslav Vitous…New York City
16. Sly & The Family Stone…Remember Who You Are